New to group and green horn when it comes to up grading my Rams! Could use some advic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

astronut28

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 &2003
Engine
5.9 Cummins both
Upgrading head lights and fog lights to xenon hid . Should my wiring relay harness be connected to the first battery or the second one one driver's side? There both Cummins so have 2 batteries to choose from and the help line to xenon stays busy. If anyone knows I could use some advice? Thank you in advance!2c342a57f0cae236c40979da4b5764f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In a CLOCKWISE direction, starting at the top left, I’ll describe the connections.
Top left = 12V power. Connect this to your battery. I’m working on the driver’s side on my truck so I connected it to the driver’s side battery. This power lead contains an inline 30 amp fuse so the harness is protected against over-current.
Top right = This lead contains both a connector (black with a red and black wire going to it) and a pigtail with a barrel capacitor and ground terminal. This black connector is what connects to the HID bulb harness connector you wired up in step 6 and connected to your factory headlamp connector inside the headlamp housing. Again, pay attention to the polarity here. You want the positive signal from the factory headlamp connector (white wire for me) that is now connected to the HID bulb harness (blue wire for me) to connect to the red side of this connector, or, the same side that the capacitor pigtail is on. Sounds confusing, but it’s pretty straightforward.
Bottom right = this is the connector for one of the ballasts. There is a positive and negative side (red=positive, black=negative). The black wire has a ground terminal on it.
Bottom left = this is the other connector for the other ballast. Same thing.
Middle left = this is the relay itself.

This is off cumminsforum for a 2011, sounds like it doesnt matter which one but you be the judge.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a heads up incase your not aware, your going to need load resistors... most kits dont come with them, some do however

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a heads up incase your not aware, your going to need load resistors... most kits dont come with them, some do however

It says his truck is a 99. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe you need them on a 2nd gen.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It says his truck is a 99. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe you need them on a 2nd gen.
That is my mistake man I did not see that, good catch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is my mistake man I did not see that, good catch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

All good I just was curious myself. In your defense this is posted in the 3rd gen section lol