No start with key, starts with command start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burnt toast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Hello everybody, long time reader first time poster.
I have a 2008 3500 1 ton 6.7l mega cab, 292,000 km of really trouble free driving. Last month I stopped to fuel up, got in my truck to start and no go, lights, everything turns on like I should but It wouldn't start no crank after fiddling around with it for a few minutes and decided to try my command start fires right up. I got it home I tried my second spare key thinking maybe that had something to do with it and didn't help I've been driving it for the last month just starting out with my command Start lol figured it is time to do something about it. Any thoughts or clues of what might be happening I search the web but can't really find an answer. Any help would be appreciated

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
I've read several posts where guys have changed the switch to fix this type of problem.

Mike

OP
OP
B

Burnt toast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
you're talking ignition switch?

OP
OP
B

Burnt toast

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 cummins
Anyone else have any ideas of where to look?? Replaced the ignition switch today and still didn't fix the problem ....