Overhead console garage door opener

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt69olds

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 2500 mega cab 4x4
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Greetings. New member, first time posting. I had a minor fender bender, I found a loaded 06 Mega Cab half ton truck to get body parts for repairs. The donor truck has heated leather seats (the seats are long gone) and overheard temp console with the factory Uconnect garage door opener. My truck has the same overhead console without the garage opener and cloth seats. My question, can I install the overheard console in my truck and make the opener functional? What would be involved? Question number 2, could I install the heated seat controls and install aftermarket heaters into my cloth seats? What controls the heated seat timer? Is it in any way connected to the body control computer? My wife is always cold, we are constantly fighting over the interior temp. The heated seats might not win the war, but maybe that particular battle! Question number 3, the donor truck has adjustable pedals, can that easily be adapted to my truck? There isn't much leafy of this truck other than the mentioned options, I'm pretty sure it won't be long before it goes to that big scrspyard in the sky so I better move quick if there changes can be made. Thanks!

OP
OP
M

Matt69olds

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 2500 mega cab 4x4
Engine
5.9 Cummins
No comments or suggestions?

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It may say 1500 on the side of the donor truck, but that is 2500 frame and running gear (unless you're mistaking a half ton quad cab for a mega cab). As such, everything will plug in, whether it will actually work or not is the trick. The overhead console will work as long as you have the base model module. That module does not have Uconnect, it is Homelink (Uconnect is head unit to phone). Garage door programming is independent of the CAN bus on those so plug and play. Heated seats you'd have to wire in, you will need to be very careful as CAN bus vehicles DO NOT like voltage variances. Pretty sure the TIPM or BCM (one of those expensive modules, in my Charger it's the FCM) has to be programmed for the adjustable pedal option.

OP
OP
M

Matt69olds

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 2500 mega cab 4x4
Engine
5.9 Cummins
That's what I was hoping to hear. Any idea how to pull down the overhead console? I'd rather not get rude with it only to find a hidden screw. Thanks

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Depending on the shape (basically year and whether you have a sunroof or not) it's either a single screw all the way at the front or two screws under the light lenses. Then it's just clips, you can pull it down.