pac interface

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When searching the web i see that this model shows to be compatible with the 2008 Ram and then other places shows it not to be compatible. I know I can use an LOC but it would be simpler/less work to use an adapter that would give me front and rear RCA's that provide a full range signal. Has anyone used an adapter similar to this in a 2008 ram with the infinity system?

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bump for someone who may know!

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Further searching I'm getting mixed reviews. I may just go with the audiocontrol lci6 that will sum the signals before going to my amp.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Ive used several PAC interfaces incuding (I think) the one you linked to before i went Double din nav. They have all worked as advertised. Im currently using the can-bus radio replacement interface along with the steering wheel control interface and both work great. they sure dont make it cheap to change the stereos in these things

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
there are others on here using the pac interface

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With the cost being fairly similar between the PAC interface and the audiocontrol lc6i, actually I could get the audiocontrol for a little less, which would be the better option to go with? And with either one is it necessary to run an equalizer since the PAC would lose the radio equalization and the audiocontrol sums the signal providing a non-equalized signal?

thanks for any input. I want to make sure that when I do this I do it right the first time.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
The audiocontrol will sum the signal and remove crossovers, but it will not remove any equalization done to the signal before it gets there. you probably wont be able to use any balance/fade controls with the AC unit. The main problem with using the AC unit vs the PAC is that you have to cut or tap into wires to use it, where the PAC is plug and play

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I see the PAC unit will probably be easier with installation. Any more input on members here using the PAC interface? How is the sound knowing I won't have the bass/mid/treble EQ's? My amp will have crossovers but not equalization.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yeah I see the PAC unit will probably be easier with installation. Any more input on members here using the PAC interface? How is the sound knowing I won't have the bass/mid/treble EQ's? My amp will have crossovers but not equalization.
The lack of bass, mid, and treble adjustments would suck. i would have to have some kind of EQ. there is an audiocontrol LC6i for sale on another forum i am for 110 right now. i could hook you up with a link if you want. If you really want to do it up right, you could use a DQL-8 or an EQS from audiocontrol

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not ready to make all my purchases just yet. Researching what will be the best parts to go with before I purchase and do the install

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm leaning on going with PAC for ease of install and then adding an EQ before the amps. I dont want to spend a ton of money on an EQ but would like a decent unit. What would be a good unit to go with? The EQS and DQL-8 are kind of over kill for me. 13 bands would be more than enough, not sure of 4 bands will be enough though.

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
You could use an EQX. Its a 13 band with crossover built in. not cheap, but nothing that says audiocontrol on it is. Frankly, If i was in your shoes i would skip the PAC unit and use the eqs. I believe the stereo feeds the factory infinity amp with speaker level inputs (you might want to confirm that). If you tap into those before the infinity amp you should be able to still have your fade/balance controls and your bass/treble/mid. install would be as easy as pulling the factory head unit and tapping into 8 wires plus running a power/ground/remote. I think you would be happier with this setup even though it is more install intensive

OP
OP
T

TampaRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After all this discussion I've changed my plan of keeping the stock unit. I am just going with an after market unit using the appropriate PAC adapter and then will run my RCAs from the aftermarket unit and new wires to my front components and sub.
I dont need a double din or NAv. I just want a good unit that has 6 preamp outputs, sub control, and rear IPOD control. I'm looking at alpine CDE-123 and Pioneer DEH-P7400HD. Any thoughts on those units?

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
You really cant go wrong with either brand, as long as they have the features you are looking for. i dont like the look of the pioneer unit personally.