Please help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jlaforce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Question; I installed a double din in my 05,1500 and shortly after I started getting phantom codes pop up. I disconnected the radio and it stoped for a couple days then started back again. Whenever the code for example lamps out; none of the exterior lights will work or parking break code; it will engage my emergency break without the petal pressed. Have I damaged my PCM somehow?

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Is it one of those Chinese aftermarket radios?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Put everything back to stock. All the wiring, the factory radio, everything, and start troubleshooting from there. Not saying that you did, but when I was an installer I've seen people pretty much destroy their vehicles trying to do a stereo install themselves. So yeah put everything back like you never touched it and see what it does.

Also, there is no way the truck is engaging the emergency brake by itself. It is a mechanical brake and the truck has no way to engage it. The "brake" light may be on, but the brake isn't setting itself.

OP
OP
J

Jlaforce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's a JVC, technically not American made, its not a cheap eBay stereo though.

OP
OP
J

Jlaforce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then something is sticking because if feels like it hos resistance like a break pressed while trying move while the light was on. That's happened twice already. I had a single din in before the double din and it worked with no issues for a couple years. Im technally not a professional installation tech but I've literally put quite a few radios in including my own lol. I didn't seauder but I used the heat treat butt connections. I'm gonna try a few things first and if no luck I'll go back stock.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If all you touched was behind the radio, it very well could be a coincidence and a seperate issue. It would be more likely that these issues could happen on an 06+ because of the canbus system and there is a canbus line in the radio harness, but being an 05, yours doesn't have this.