Power locks/ mirrors help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I have a bit of an issue that I can't seem to figure out. The power locks on ink the driver's side door work at all as well as the power mirrors (both). The truck doesn't even know if the driver's side doors are open (no door ajar light/ dome lights). Now on to what happened before they stopped working: I installed a relay into the door and tapped into the red/yellow wire for power to trigger the relay. I assume the red/yellow wire was the +12v feed for the locks/ windows. At some point after tapping that wire, I lost power to it and thus my locks and mirrors. I cannot find a blown fuse and the instrument cluster shows a c-code of 64 00 (Driver door lock switch input circuit open). My best guess is that I blew something in the instrument cluster since it controls the locks.

Any help on what may have happened or what I can do to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
No help for you but I am following! I would guess you are missing a bad fuse, What sucks is they do not always list what a fuse goes to! :O

OP
OP
argroft

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually went through the fuse box with a multi-meter and checked all of them, including some potential relays. I could not find any problems. I'm still not sure why it even happened.

OP
OP
argroft

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a replacement instrument cluster in and no luck. I also found out that my driver's door is the only affected door and that the rear door works when it wants to. I think it has some broken wires that need fixed. Now I'm starting to think the door lock actuator went bad, but I wouldn't know why that would affect the mirrors and lock button.

OP
OP
argroft

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, I'm going to start my issues over, because I think I have more and less info than before and it's driving me nuts. The drivers door lock switch no longer works and the door lock actuator doesn't work. The actuator works fine (bench tested), but isn't receiving a signal. It's as if the driver's door is no longer communicating with the truck at all... No bad fuses, no broken wires. It wouldn't be so bad, but I can't use my driver's door lock at all or lock it wirelessly.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you install a relay for? If the issues started when you installed that, I would take that out and put everything back to how it was.

Also, when you wired up this relay, what wires did you use and what pins were they on (usually 85, 86, 87, and 30).

OP
OP
argroft

argroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The relay was removed and the circuit was returned to normal. Although I can't figure out why the locks don't work because I'm fairly certain the power wire I tapped into only controls the power mirrors.