Power window trouble shooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OGsohcHondaLOVE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure if this is the proper place to post this but it didn't seem to fit in the other forums.

So I'm working on an 05 ram 2500 diesel. The windows just stopped working. Door locks also will not work from any of the controls. Locks still work with alarm key fob. Have tried replacing the window switch panel with a good known one. Have checked all fuses under hood. Checked for power with a test light to see if there was power. Tested good known vehicle and got power with the key on at the pink/yellow wire on the large plug and the red on the small plug. Pink/yellow is good on my truck and the red had nothing. Spliced a wire from the pink/yellow and jumped it to the red, with no luck on getting the windows to work. I'm at a total loss here. Any help would be greatly appriceated.

dtomlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the wires to the door themselves. I had several cracked, including power windows, and speakers.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

bulrid8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, pull boot off and check for broken wires. They get cracked and break from the door opening and closing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk