Power Windows question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
So my windows roll down very slow when I'm doing 2 at a time I don't remember them doing this in the past. So is it like that normally and j didn't notice or what? Also all my windows roll down from the drivers control panel but when I'm trying to roll the window down from any of the door switches it won't roll down and my window lock button doesn't work. Are the switches themselves going bad?

txcobowhunter

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 SSV
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A buddy of mine had a similar problem with the individual window switches not working. He found out, the plug had come loose inside the driver door where it plugged into the drivers door switch panel. Plugged it in good, and problem was solved.

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
A buddy of mine had a similar problem with the individual window switches not working. He found out, the plug had come loose inside the driver door where it plugged into the drivers door switch panel. Plugged it in good, and problem was solved.

So from the master control switch?

xtremewlr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Common issue on the 3rd gen ram. The drivers door master control is the one you need to check. Make sure that the plug there is fully seated and use a touch of dielectric grease on the terminals. That still hasn't worked for some people and they replaced the whole thing to get it fixed. Some, like mine, the problem comes and goes. I haven't noticed it in a long while now but it could happen randomly again out of the blue.

OP
OP
Ian_Olivas

Ian_Olivas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L Magnum
Common issue on the 3rd gen ram. The drivers door master control is the one you need to check. Make sure that the plug there is fully seated and use a touch of dielectric grease on the terminals. That still hasn't worked for some people and they replaced the whole thing to get it fixed. Some, like mine, the problem comes and goes. I haven't noticed it in a long while now but it could happen randomly again out of the blue.

Yeah sometimes the individual switches decide to work. Most time it's only mine that works