question about stock stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have an 05 qc hemi that has the stock radio with 6-disc changer, the 7 speaker infinity system, the uconnect thing AND the steering wheel radio controls. Can this be replaced with a better aftermarket unit while retaining all the built-in functionality (believe it or not i DO use the uconnect thing quite a bit, and i LOVE the steering wheel controls)?

My drive side door speaker is dead, how hard is this to replace? replace it with what? how much?

Does the stock cd changer/player play mp3 discs? so far i've tried 2 of them and it doesn't read the disc.

Thanks!

Ares

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 / 2012 / 2004
Engine
4.7L / 5.7 / 8.3L
I know that replacing the drivers side speaker is very easy. Just remove your door panel and there it is. If you want to replace your head unit with an after market you will need a $150 piece in order to use tour steering wheel controls. At least that's what I was quoted for my install. Also with the infinity system, they will habe to remove or bypass the stock amplifyer (depending on the head unit you choose).

OP
OP
S

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
ah ok, well I've heard some of those same explanations from the installers, I like to ask here to make sure they're not blowing smoke. Where can I get a replacement speaker for the drivers door?

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Any aftermarket head unit will work but you need to get the adapter for the steering wheel controls. Crutchfield sells them .
And the door speakers are cake to install

CaliDodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd check into crutchfield.com, prices are ridiculous but they give you everything that will or wont work!

OP
OP
S

smykowski

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 SLT
Engine
6.7L Cummins
so can these stock palyers play mp3 discs or no? I found a gold mine of music on an employee pc at work!

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i had the same stock setup as you(minus the uconnect) and i replaced everything, including speaker wire. do not pay crutchfield 150.0 for a 40.00 part.

PAC SWI-JACK STEERING WHEEL CONTROL ALPINE JVC KENWOOD - eBay (item 140500270347 end time Feb-11-11 14:04:30 PST)

if you dont like ebay for what ever reason they are on amazon for the same price. just make sure your new HU is compatible

trying to find something that will retain all the fuctions wont be cheap. alpine has HU with built in BT but the steering wheel controls wont work. my hu is compatible with the steering wheel controls but ill have to buy a BT adapter to make phone calls through it(around 150.00)

it really depends on your budget i can put you together an nice system that will do everything but they are pricey

weedahoe

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cammed and custom tuned 5.7
Yeah I would go after market all the way and forget about the steering wheel remotes too. The new HU should come with a new remote