rear door power locks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chrissam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys. I need some input here. I have a 2008 ram 1500. The driver side rear door power lock goes down when locking but when I try to unlock it, it doesn't unlock. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the actuator or just some wiring issues. Any input? Thanks

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The wire that go through the door frame and the door itself get very brittle over time and break. I have had to add some lenght to mine in order to get things working properly back again, but mine were bad to the point nothing in the door worked anymore (locks, windows and even the speaker).

So it is worth having a look at the harness before doing anything else with switches and actuators. Once the harness has been validated as healthy then you can move forward to other parts.

Good luck finding the culprit.

Trenton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
its a common way they fail does it make noise and just wont unlock

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wires between the door and body break all the time. If they are good, probably needs a lock actuator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01