Rear power slider wiring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdyt7717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, I have a 07 1500 with the power slider. Problem is the PO removed the switch.... Why? Anyway, looking to find out what wires and or plug behind the dash goes to the slider.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lots of those switches have an issue where the coating peels off with use and then when you have your lights on, the backlight for the switch makes it look like a big green box. They may have removed it for this reason and never got around to replacing it. I can't remember the color of the plug that goes into that switch, but pretty much everything in there will only plug into the corresponding plug. So as long as the harness is still back there, you should be able to find it and plug it right in to the new switch.

OP
OP
cdyt7717

cdyt7717

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was hoping to move the switch into the overhead console and I don't have the old switch. If someone could get me the wire colors I'd appreciate it.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was just thinking about doing the same and how I stumbled onto this. I have the power slider and now doing the factory nav so will loose the pocket under the radio and seem to use it for all the phones so thought heck i am also installing the sunglasses holder version overhead console why not move the switch to up there while i have it all apart and find a pocket for the original switch location (actually don't know if that pocket exists, hope so...)
I haven't gotten all my components yet to start disassembling or else I would let you know, but curious its been a few months since your last post how did you make out with your relocation?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye