Go Back   DODGE RAM FORUM - Dodge Truck Forums > Dodge Ram Generations Forum > 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 > Audio & Electronics

Audio & Electronics

REC Radio Missing Sirius Channels

This is a discussion on REC Radio Missing Sirius Channels within the Audio & Electronics forums, part of the 3rd Gen : 2002 - 2008 category!
Does anyone have a REC radio (06 - 09 w/nav) with sirius active? If so, do you have channels 11, ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2014, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2006
Engine: Hemi
Default REC Radio Missing Sirius Channels
Does anyone have a REC radio (06 - 09 w/nav) with sirius active? If so, do you have channels 11, 12, 55, and 57?

I am missing at least those channels, and no one seems to have an answer for me. I tried searching with no luck. Sirius thinks the solution is to keep sending me refresh signals. Nothing has solved the issue.

This started around July when they updated their channel listings.

Sponsored Ad
Register to remove this ad.

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Megacab Laramie
Nick13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 11:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Anyone else dealing with this?

It would be really helpful knowing this, as I'm either replacing my REC with another one, or upgrading to the Mygig or a Kenwood. I'm starting to have screen issues.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2002
Engine: 4.7L Magnum V8 (Semi-HEMI... Wishful thinking!)
2 ideas pop to mind

1. Contact SIRIUS and ask them to send the reflash activation codes to your radio and it might unlock the missing channels.
2. A stealership may have a software update they can apply that would reactivate this.

However if you are starting to have display issues, I would definitely look at replacing the head unit. I don't have recommendations on the head unit to chose, but I myself prefer to remain with OEM stuff when it comes to electronics but that's my personal preference. Lots of people have aftermarket units and have no issues and can definitely enjoy great audio in their trucks.

xb1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 09:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Originally Posted by xb1230 View Post
2 ideas pop to mind

1. Contact SIRIUS and ask them to send the reflash activation codes to your radio and it might unlock the missing channels.
2. A stealership may have a software update they can apply that would reactivate this.

However if you are starting to have display issues, I would definitely look at replacing the head unit. I don't have recommendations on the head unit to chose, but I myself prefer to remain with OEM stuff when it comes to electronics but that's my personal preference. Lots of people have aftermarket units and have no issues and can definitely enjoy great audio in their trucks.
1. I have talked to Sirius at least 5 times. Each time they swear the solution is a refresh packet. One time they deactivated my radio, and then reactivated it. On top of that I have attempted many times to refresh the radio myself. Still nothing.

That's why I'm hoping someone who has an REC could hop in their truck, and check those channels for me. If no one gets them, there's no use of me going through this.

2. I haven't tried the stealer yet. Next time I bring it in I'll have to ask, unless I can figure it out.

The screen isn't horrible yet. I lost my red color, and blue is starting to go in and out. The screen hasn't gone black yet, it has started distorting occasionally.

I usually prefer OEM as well. I wouldn't hate another REC, I would just get an updated nav disc. Plus, the REC is already hooked up with the rear seat dvd player. The only downside is the aux port.

I have a nice Kenwood nav unit in my mustang. I was thinking of going with the same one otherwise.

Old 02-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #5 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2007
Engine: Hemi 5.7
My REC is also missing certain stations. I figured they would send a new code but I just haven't bothered calling. Let me check to see if I'm missing those specific stations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go Gators!
G8rDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2005
Engine: Hemi 5.7
Default Missing channels
I have a 2005 REC with a full lifetime subscription (back when they offered those.) I am also missing the same channels. Noticed it last Apr and have done numerous refreshes and about 5 hr long calls with Sirius.

A senior Sirius programming tech is now looking at the problem but they are currently saying the memory in the delphi adapter for the REC does not enough memory to play the additional channels. They are researching a software solution on their end but advising the hardware needs to be upgraded.

Anyone found another solution?
TXrun800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:47 PM   #7 (permalink)

Ram Year: 2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine: 4.7
I just got an email the other day and they are moving some channels around to different numbers on the dial.....I cant recall when this is happening or what channels though
daggertats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)

Engine: 5.7
I am having same issue ALOT of channels missing probably only get 40 out of the 150+ I am paying for. Sirius is useless they keep saying have to go to dealer as module is outdated.
PdPuNOme is offline   Reply With Quote