remote key fob question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bossboy302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just bought an '04 Quad cab SLT yesterday. Truck has power door locks, but I didn't get any remote key fobs with the 2 sets of keys. SHould I have?
Is there a way to tell if this vehicle was originally equipped with them?
Thanks

1500ram12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins
It should of came with some from the factory, but buying used some times they don't make it with the truck. Check by the steering column to see if the wiring had been spliced into. The previous owner may have installed a remote start and removed it and got rid of the oem fobs

Sent From My HTC ONE MAX

OP
OP
B

bossboy302

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I should be able to buy a couple replacement fobs and have them programmed to my truck, right?

Harley Harrold

USAF Ret. 36+ years service
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
So, I should be able to buy a couple replacement fobs and have them programmed to my truck, right?

You will have to get them from a dealership and they will have to program them for you.

HemiSLT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006, 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7, Ecodiesel
Call a dealer and give them your vin number. They can look at your vehicle options list and tell you if you have keyless entry or not. If you don't then you can buy the module and it just plugs into the back of the instrument cluster. Buy some fobs and have the dealer program them.

PdPuNOme

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
More reliable method is to pull your cluster out and in the back middle there will be a black box with a sticker on it, that is the rke module. If you do not see that, but a small square plug then it did not come with it. Myn did not, but i bought a used one and then just had the dealer program it.

usocazy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
I bought a used truck with no key fobs. Verified that I had remote locks by calling in my VIN to the dealer as others have mentioned. Bought 2 OEM remote fobs off eBay and had the dealer reprogram them for about $50. You can program others yourself once you have at least 1 remote programmed.

Sent from San Antonio, Texas