Remote starter info.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C.Carmichael

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Looking to install a remote start to my 08 hemi... Didn't know if I needed anything other then the starter itself. And info is appreciated. Thank you.

Repla_Skillz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've heard you need some sort of Bypass, unless you're really familiar with the truck and what all wires do I'd let a professional do it, you can **** up your truck if you mess up.

knucklebuster27

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you already have keyless entry you just need a "DBALL" interface module. It is remote start ready. Also a T-harness adapter, and it's plug and play.If you don't have keyless entry you need to purchase a remote start in addition to the interface module.Here is a link that explains it. You hit your lock button three times on your key fob and it starts your truck.

http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=107176&referrerid=69038

I bought mine off ebay from doug43235.

Just look on his chart and it will tell you what "T-harness" you need as there are 3 different ones for Dodge, Ram, Chrysler, and Jeep. Also you need to tell him what vehicle you have so he can download the firmware prior to sending it to you.