Replacing stock head unit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRDvorak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 6 disc changer with Sirius and Uconnect. Can I go to an aftermarket unit and maintain Sirius and Uconnect? If so what is a good unit to get?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Uconnect no. Sirius you will have to get a satellite radio adapter for your new radio.

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
and depending where ya live your Sirius might not have as good as reception with the new radio.......I put a kenwood in and I dont even have to be under a tree to lose reception..........just along side of them if they are tall....my factory unit barely lost reception at all...that being said I'm near Asheville nc......a lot of trees in this part of the world.

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
and depending where ya live your Sirius might not have as good as reception with the new radio.......I put a kenwood in and I dont even have to be under a tree to lose reception..........just along side of them if they are tall....my factory unit barely lost reception at all...that being said I'm near Asheville nc......a lot of trees in this part of the world.

That's probably because of the antenna or its placement for the new unit. Satellite radio antennas are very finnicky, they have to be on the outside of the vehicle, have to be against steel, have to be a certain distance from glass, can't have kinks in the cable etc

daggertats

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram reg cab 4x4
Engine
I used the factory Sirius antenna and even tried using the one with the new tuner. they both did the same thing

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I used the factory Sirius antenna and even tried using the one with the new tuner. they both did the same thing

That's weird. Must be the tuner box for the kenwood then

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
I trust in Kenwood, Alpine, JVC and Pioneer, in that order.

FBI Surveillance Van 29