School me on HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had flickering with hid cheap eBay kits on my 05 Durango. I love the output but need to buy good ones. I was guilty of running in a stock halogen housing. It was good for me I did get flashed a lot. Sorry world. I put led in my fog lights on the Ram and they sucked in the factory housing. I would do JJ lights because a he is a good guy and b if they stopped working I could talk to a human not some website.

JPT

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The whole LED vs HID thing is silly. Putting either in housings not designed for them is the world most of us live in. So far the only LED housings I know of are OEM. So, for now, HID is better because when properly installed in HID Projectors you have the proper output. As soon as LED housings are available in the aftermarket world, yes, they will surpass HIDs.

LEDs installed in LED housings > HIDs in HID housings > Halogen in halogen housings > (HIDs in halogen housings > LEDs in halogen housings) <- the order is debatable for these two.

That's how I see it.

I have HIDs in projector housings designed for HIDs, until there are LED aftermarket housings, I will stick with what I have.

k1ng87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Get HIDs from Retro shop...I have had those now for about 3 years now. Also, don't get LEDs if you have a 14+ model. I have a '14 RAM and recently purchased 3 different LED kits and all of them were too long (because of the fan housing on them) and wouldn't allow the dust cover to close correctly. I guess you could modify them but I just went back with the HID's

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye