sound system parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, that works. Have you already upgraded your speakers or you looking to do that too?

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
haven't done that yet, i was gonna do that soon after the sound system was in. i was just gonna replace the two main speakers, not the smaller ones in the back

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I replaced my HU first too and it made the stock speakers sound much better. Then a few years later, one of the little speakers in the back doors died so I replaced those. I was amazed at the difference in sound from the speakers that were back there and that planted the bug to replace the speakers in the front and add some little tweeters up by the mirrors. I'm not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm pretty happy with my setup. Drilling out the holes in the door panels for the tweeters was nerve wracking. haha

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
are the main front speakers plug in and play? or would i need to wire them up if i replaced them?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
You will need to at least spice. The factory speakers have a harness whereas aftermarket uses the spade type connections, one fat one thin for each. I have a pic of a wire diagram somewhere if you want me to post it

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah can you post that when you get a chance? I'm just thinking of whether or not it's best to buy new speakers while the truck is already apart when we're installing everything..

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
the door panels are not hard to get off at all. 4 phillips screws and 1 10mm bolt holding the door handle you will need a socket with a 3-4 inch extension to get. the3rd gen ram doors are by far the easiest door panels i have ever removed.

here it is for the infinity system. wire colors should be the same let me know if it doesnt mesh ill find the other wiring diagram

speak-1.jpg

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
alright thanks, btw what kind of infinity speakers did you get?

Oddnoun

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
thank you for this discussion. I just bought my first a truck this weekend. It is a 2004 Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi. I got rid of my 2011 Ford Fiesta and I am very glad I made the jump.

The first steps for me is to put in my old Sony head unit. Does anyone use the harbor freight pry bar set to get the dash out?

Silverbullet08

Persona Non Grata
Reaction score
u dont need that. unscrew the one screw and pop it out. just pull put each ends then unplug the connections

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm thinking about going with two 6x9 kicker speakers..i heard those are really good? anyone suggest those speakers?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
I dont have infinity I'm all alpine....but coming from the kicker manufacturing plant last week I am really impressed with the quality and sound they are putting out. I think you would be happy with them happier if you ran an amp..

@oddnoun you will not need a pry bar of any sorts for the interior for your dodge ram. You will be surprised at how far a phillips screwdriver will get you. You could use a 7mm socket instead if you prefer but the screwdriver will do the trick. Look at the little hook onthe lower right of the bezel, I have no idea what its for, a fast food sack maybe? On the inside there may be a screw there, if so remove it and then grab that lower right corner by said hook and pull straight out. It will pop then work your way around the bezel popping ot the sprinng retainers. Take your time when reinstalling to make sure everything is back in place. To me putting the screw back behind the hook is optional as I never have and have never had a problem. I belive there is a video on youtube that goes through the bezel removal but it is painfully slow and boring, maybe you could speed it up

Last edited:

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
i have 2 and i am very impressed with both of them.

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i wasn't exactly sure if it mattered which one i got because i know two of them were the same price i think, but if i decided to hook up another sub, would i be able to do so with that amp?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
do you mean power the sub with that amp while it is powering the door speakers as well? i guess if you only powered the front door speakers with 2 channels you could use the other 2 on a sub but really running 150w rms to a sub wouldnt be a whole lot. it would probably just make you want more. id run a seperate mono amp to a sub for more power, use the 4 channel for the doors

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i talked about it with my cousin yesterday, he said if i got the mrp-f300, and ran two subs it would only be powering the subs with 150w like you said, if i got the mrp-m500, then it would be powering the subs with 250w so im gonna go with the m500 amp...here are the door speakers i am looking at. they should fit, right? 6x9..Buy.com - Alpine SPE-6090

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
yeah they will fit , the one problem people have had with the new sizes of speakers with ever growing magnets is the depth. but there is easily room to make or buy a spacer. i used 3/4" floor board i had sitting in the garage and it worked great, the rear doors need to be a little thinner like 5/8 or 1/2 if you need them back there.

DSC_0177.jpg

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
alright so here it is...the sub is either going to be an alpine swr1043D or swr1243D...They are both rated for the same power so do you think it would sound the same if I got the 10", it would save more on money and a little on space, but I want the same sound and bass from either..?

here are the two boxes I'm looking at...I'm most likely getting the first one as it's easier on space.

CSP12X Subwoofer Enclosure - Audio Enhancers

CSS12F Subwoofer Enclosure - Audio Enhancers