Sound system for the summer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So I've been thinking about a sound system. So far I have decided on the headunit and sub.

Headunit: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...Deck/9955471.p?id=1218200369758&skuId=9955471

^^ Onlinecarstereo.com has this for $157 shipped.

Sub: Alpine SWR-T12 Type-R Thin 12" 4-ohm shallow-mount subwoofer at Crutchfield Signature

^^ Onlinecarstereo.com has this for $250 shipped. This is the Alpine type-r..they are extremely loud and great for bass. My friend has two of the normal sized type-r's and they are unbelievably loud (way more loud than anyone needs, imo), so I think one should do fine for me. This is the slim verision of the type-r.

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
lol yeah, i've been narrowing it down, i just gotta figure out my budget because i need to redo the exhaust soon too..

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
That headunit doesnt have a CD player, just making sure you knew that.

A little cheaper here, I get all my audio equipment from this place
Alpine Subwoofers

Also, dont expect your type r to sound anything like in the video. The size box has ALOT to do with how much bass it will produce. Any truck box/under the seat will never put out the amount of bass of a normal full sized box. I could give you a million examples. I have 12" Kicker CVT 800 watts max in under the seat box..buddy has 1 12" Kicker COMP (300 watts max) with a full sized box. Our systems sound almost identical just because he has the extra cu of air.

Last edited:
OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
holy ****....... lol that's the 12 right?

Yeah lol those are 12's

You have an amp for the sub?

Not yet. My friend works at best buy and he said he's gonna talk to the installers and see what is good and what isn't..

Also, dont expect your type r to sound anything like in the video. The size box has ALOT to do with how much bass it will produce. Any truck box/under the seat will never put out the amount of bass of a normal full sized box. I could give you a million examples. I have 12" Kicker CVT 800 watts max in under the seat box..buddy has 1 12" Kicker COMP (300 watts max) with a full sized box. Our systems sound almost identical just because he has the extra cu of air.

Yeah, I was gonna just buy one, but if I feel the need to buy another, then I'll just go out and get another.

another 100 and u can get a double din :D

Lol, did that fit alright into the dash? I may check it out..

Last edited: