Swapping Steering Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blade69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys. I have a 2005 SLT. It doesn't have steering wheel audio controls. How much trouble would it be to swap out steering wheels and would it be a simple plug and play and would the radio controls work? I'm asking because I'm going to upgrade my whole system and thinking having steering wheel audio controls would be cool.

Core-Lokt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 ST
Engine
5.7L
Sorry; I didn't see this in a timely manner.

IDK if there's much (if any) difference between steering wheel shaft splines/diameters on generational-model trucks (in this case, '02-'08), but I've read there is a difference with clock springs within the generational years. I think you'd need to get all the parts.

Good thing is that on an '05, it's fairly easy to add SWAC to your existing truck without swapping steering wheels or having them flashed by the dealer like I think you have to in '06+ trucks. There's another thread about UConnect radios within a few posts of this that has a tutorial and parts post.

OP
OP
B

Blade69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I'll check it out.