Tossing around some ideas.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Well fellas, Im kinda getting bored with my system. Its "ok", but nothing like Im used to, nothing like I like. I know theres only so much I can get out of the space under the seats, so Im thinking of another route.

I wanna go with the center console box. I believe I can build it myself, doesn't seem too terribly complicated. :)crazy:) From what Ive seen, these boxes bring about .95cu of space. Ideally, I would just get a 3rd sub and run 3. For conversation's sake, what would I need to do amp-wise to run this setup? How would this be wired up?

In reality, I won't be running 3 subs for a long while. So, heres some questions..... I would think one of these Type R's would sound better in a box with .95cu space than 2 would in a box where each sub is only getting .55cu space...... ? Also, I saw another member build this type of box and run 2 12's, one firing forwads one back. This is essentially the same amount of room as the under-the-seat box, but would the "placement" of the subs make it sound any better?

Im just bored with the setup, and bored in general tonight, so I thought Id pick ya'lls brains. If and when I get any extra cash, I need to concentrate on the door speakers/amp.

Any advice/suggestions ya'll have would be great, always wanna learn. Im gonna check into the new shallow mount Type R's that just came out too. I can get a killer deal on them, just not sure if its even worth the hassle (Im getting these type r's for $100 a piece brand new, not too bad ;) )

Sorry for the long writeup, thanks for looking :)

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I built my own console, and you can get a lot more than .95 cu. I would use a separate amp to run the one in the console...