Truck dings randomly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griff923

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2004 ram 1500 slt quad cab and only when I have the lights on and I press the break my trunk will ding....I have no warning light on my dash that stay on... The lamp out light flashed on/offf once that I saw ... Any ideas or help would be great... Thank you!!

lone12star

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you have any led tail lights?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

Griff923

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No but I forgot to state that all of my light are functional and working properly...

tdela

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
This happened to me and nearly drove me insane..

Mine ended up being the tail light circuit board. Took both taillight assemblies out and checked the 3 bulbs on each one. Where one of the bulbs clicked into the circuit board was loose and wasn't allowing full contact for the bulb.

Check those or look for a dull bulb in any of your lights. Could be a bad connection in one of your sockets

Redtruck-VA

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 & 1989 D250 RWD
Engine
Hemi-5.7, 5.9 12v & 24v diesel

Mine ended up being the tail light circuit board. Took both taillight assemblies out and checked the 3 bulbs on each one. Where one of the bulbs clicked into the circuit board was loose and wasn't allowing full contact for the bulb.

Check those or look for a dull bulb in any of your lights. Could be a bad connection in one of your sockets

Had the same issue, what he said.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

THIS!! Had this happen to me until I replaced the circuit boards. Good thing is they're fairly cheap.