Turn ABS off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Not sure if this belongs here or performance but ill go with here.

Gonna sound like a stupid question because why would anyone want to do this but...how does one turn off the ABS entirely, temporarily?

I have an 04 2500 5.7 and because of the LSD i get a bit carried away with it in the snow. Now i know its quite a ways off from then but id like to know if theres a way to turn off the ABS for when id like to drive like an idiot in a parking lot.

Im sure pulling a fuse will stop it and the light will come on, but this is simple and minuscule enough that i wont care about it for the 15 minutes i do it for. My real concern is if that will damage the ABS system at all or if it will permanently trip codes until its addressed (all of this after i put the fuse back in).

I just dont want to do this and find out its gonna break something and cost me dumb amounts of money to fix all bc i wanted to have a tad bit more slidey fun. If someones done this already for any other reason and found out its the wrong way to go, then id rather learn from their mistakes.

Side note: i do understand that what i need is a subaru wrx or something like that for what i want, but trucks just make things cooler

Razzaa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if this belongs here or performance but ill go with here.

Gonna sound like a stupid question because why would anyone want to do this but...how does one turn off the ABS entirely, temporarily?

I have an 04 2500 5.7 and because of the LSD i get a bit carried away with it in the snow. Now i know its quite a ways off from then but id like to know if theres a way to turn off the ABS for when id like to drive like an idiot in a parking lot.

Im sure pulling a fuse will stop it and the light will come on, but this is simple and minuscule enough that i wont care about it for the 15 minutes i do it for. My real concern is if that will damage the ABS system at all or if it will permanently trip codes until its addressed (all of this after i put the fuse back in).

I just dont want to do this and find out its gonna break something and cost me dumb amounts of money to fix all bc i wanted to have a tad bit more slidey fun. If someones done this already for any other reason and found out its the wrong way to go, then id rather learn from their mistakes.

Side note: i do understand that what i need is a subaru wrx or something like that for what i want, but trucks just make things cooler

The only way I know of to truly turn it off is with a flash tuner.

OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The only way I know of to truly turn it off is with a flash tuner.

I have a DS *intune* {trinity} but i dont think i saw it in the drop down menus. Maybe ill take a look tomorrow

*EDIT: its an intune not trinity*

Last edited:
OP
OP
SFD213

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Okay to answer my own question, no i dont have it. As i half expected, because i have an 04 i dont have tuning parameters for the tranny because of the pcm. Time to go start another thread about that now

05daytona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's no way that I know of to disable the ABS, other than pull the fuse like you said.
It's not going to hurt anything because once it's disabled it acts like a normal braking system, i.e. a non ABS system.
Having said that, I'm not sure if there's any tuners that will do this or not. Maybe somebody that has one can chime in and let you know.