Turn signal malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcardone56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
08 Ram 1500

Recently I have been having some issues when I go to signal left. Push the lever down and the left comes on sometimes and other times its the right. Or if she really wants to have fun, it switches back and forth like a damn school bus. Although it may seem kinda funny I am getting sick of it, and it is also a safety issue.

Also when the lever is pushed down (to signal left) and the right comes on, if I return it to the neutral position and push back, then down, I can get the left signal to work. I have been having to do this more often and I am guessing that the whole lever will have to be replaced.

Let me know you have any experience with this situation, or advice to deal with it. Much appreciated.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
Sounds like a faulting multi-function switch from what you described. If you replace it, I would recommend buying OEM only, I've had problems in the past with aftermarket electronics.