Tweeters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
I recently overhauled the stereo in my truck. The only thing left original is the 5.25's in the back. It's a standard cab BTW. Now that I'm done, I have an extra set of low wattage 1" dome tweeters that I don't know what to do with. The 5.25's in the back are still powered by the deck, and even though everything else is amp'ed, they still make for a nice rear fill. So I was thinking that I should put my extra tweeters in the back and power them off the 5.25's. Only problem is where to put them. Have any of you standard cab owners done something like this? Where did you put your tweeters?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Don't do it, you want vocals up front, IMHO.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
X2 ^^ On that. especially since its a reg cab. Where did you mount the tweeters in the front?

justin13703

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
More isn't always better. Just put a nice set of 5.25s in the back. You don't want highs coming from everywhere. It'll sound like crap

OP
OP
Kapt

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
So consensus says don't add the tweeters. OK, I agree. Sounds great the way it is. Besides, the extra tweeters look great in a drawer of my toolbox lol

X2 ^^ On that. especially since its a reg cab. Where did you mount the tweeters in the front?

I mounted them in the top of the door panel at the front of them

tweeters_zps7eg0frsp.jpg

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Perfect Kapt :)

Looks good!!