Upgrading the speakers, what do I need

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 3rd gen ram with the sport package. It came factory with navigation, and the infinity system. I have upgraded the Headunit to a Pioneer 4200DVD. And Installed a amp and sub system. I want to replace all the speakers, and tweeters.

DeputyDipShizz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Don't mean to hijack...But how would I know if I have the infinity? I have n 06 sport as well

-TapATalkAholic-

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 3rd gen ram with the sport package. It came factory with navigation, and the infinity system. I have upgraded the Headunit to a Pioneer 4200DVD. And Installed a amp and sub system. I want to replace all the speakers, and tweeters.

Pretty easy. I'd suggest getting a trim puller. And just remove the old speakers, and hook up the new ones.

Don't mean to hijack...But how would I know if I have the infinity? I have n 06 sport as well

-TapATalkAholic-

Might be on your build sheet? Some times on the A pillar it also says Infinity.

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty easy. I'd suggest getting a trim puller. And just remove the old speakers, and hook up the new ones.

Might be on your build sheet? Some times on the A pillar it also says Infinity.

As for just doing a swap for only the, what gains will I have? And what would swapping out the factory amp for a aftermarket.

@DeputyDipShizz, on my door's I have little emblems saying "Infinity", got those?

OP
OP
sullivan

sullivan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, whats my advantage. You cleared it up in your final post.

So over in final, if I replace just the 4 door speakers, and I guess I have 3 tweeters?, I should have a massive change over all without adding a amp and crossovers?

OklaHemi

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
new age hemi
It will definatly sound better but I would recommend a 4 channel amp and a crossover. That was my favorite mod until I added the subs.