Very Annoying Bell

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dodge Fan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Diesel
All of a sudden the warning dinger comes on and on sometimes the "Lamp Out" lights up but not always. The dinging continues off and on for anywhere from one to 10 dings. I have checked all lights and all is well. UI checked with a dealer and $237.99 later said they could not get it to repeat it and would need more time to go through the system. Has anyone had a similar experience and is there a solution? How about a location of the bell so I can disconnect it?

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Check the circuit boards on the back of the taillights
They corrode and break, typically the passenger side
The can still make a connection but when you hit a bump they break the connection momentarily causing a light out warning

moch69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Mine was doing the same thing. I checked all my taillight bulbs. They were all looking clouded. I replaced all six taillight bulbs and the LAMP OUT minder along with the dinging are gone :)

Grove84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9l
My Ram is possessed!

After hitting a big chuckhole my truck chimed (no indicator lights). It has progressed to activating my door locks. Some days there are no chimes and other times, it is almost constant. Any ideas?

scribbleheli

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Having the same issue.
I havnt noticed it being when I hit a bump.
But the 2500s are super stiff rides unloaded. So every bump should cause it shouldn't it..?

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Had the same issue as well, turned out to be a blinker bulb.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I just replaced all the bulbs to the backlights as well as both turn signal bulbs up front. Even though they were still operating normally the operation solved a lights out indication in the control panel.

Since the bulb status is measured through conductivity, it is not impossible with time that the resistivity of the filament raises as the bulb ages and wears out, triggering the indication and ding.

I took the opportunity to clean the bulbs contact area with some contact cleaner and put some dielectric grease on the o-rings that seal the socket to the housing. That would be just a preventative measure to keep moisture and corrosive chemicals out of the housing.

If you don't plan on installing LED replacement bulbs, it is a very cheap operation (under 10$) if you buy the bulbs in a bulk form rather than individually wrapped.