What to do with the system?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Need so help fellas. Christmas is coming up, and I wanna do an upgrade or 2 to the stereo. :********:

Im not sure how much there will be $$-wise, so I have a couple different plans..

A) All new door speakers + amp

B) All new door speakers

C) 3rd 10" in center-console homemade box (running off the same amp I have)

D) Getting a new box to replace the pos I have now (Foxbox maybe?)

If anyone has any deals floating around, or know of any, gimmie a shout. Also suggestions would be great. I LOVE a lot of bass, thats my "thing". But I also want to hear the music too.......Im not 16 anymore, haha. My sub setup is "ok" now, but Im not happy at all with it really. Thanks for looking!

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
what kind of box do you have now?

AWE Daniel

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My one 12 has plenty of bass and it's not so much where I need to amplify the door speakers. I have pioneer 6x9 and Memphis 6.5 and a pioneer 12 for the sub. Sounds great I can hear all the mids and highs and can pound the lows.

OP
OP

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex
Im not sure what the hell kinda box it is.... it looks like the regular ol ebay box. I do know its ported, and it was originally for 2 12's, but replaced those with 10's, so we put in a ring spacer/adapter. If I could still get decent power to the subs, I'd like to run 3 10's. The amp I have now is a "600w" amp, so it should push them decently enough I would think.

I think to most folks my setup now would be plenty. It rattles things around in the cab and outside it sounds just like a trunk rattling (not braggin, lol, sounds like ****). But if my eyes aint bouncin around it just dont seem right ;)

The highs really need to be my main priority. The stockers are about shot. I wanna do it all at once, amp and all, but I might have to settle for barely-above-stock replacements

Edit: 'Scuse the mess :D

100_0108.jpg

100_0106.jpg

100_0107.jpg

Last edited:

HKkid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a single 12 in my console pushed by a 300 mono, and its plenty, granted i want a bigger amp, but it all does its job. I think you'd be better off getting a 12 and bigger amp, than running 3 10s, but then again I've never been a big fan of 10s. As far as building, just make sure to mock it up in cardboard first to be sure that everything will fit.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks like maybe a Foxbox? or, similar? As far as speakers, with what ever is in your budget, go with what ever sounds best for what you listen to. You'll get a million different suggestions, but it's your ears, and your wallet.

OP
OP

4.7Ram5.7Rango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Flex

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
You wont be able to get the crazy loud bass that you want from under the seat sub boxes, just isnt enough room under there. Although a foxbox or something similar will definitely sound better than the cheapo mdf ebay boxes (Thats what im stuck with too).

On a side not, today I was at a local stereo shop and met up with a friend there to see his new system in his tahoe...8 RE 10s, a Kicker 2500 watt amp, and custom fiberglass box. Talk about bass...

ruqkqu.jpg

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
^^^ thats lot of bass

Bear, if you've already got aftermarket everything, i'd start replacing the weak points. looks like the sub box needs some help. you'll be shocked how well a foxbox or custom fiberglass box will improve the bass. if you like the bass and the door speakers are adequate now, start with the bass. when more funds come start replacing the other things