Window switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So my passenger's side window switch only works when it wants to. It likes to work in the cold weather but not the warm. I just ordered another switch from Duane at 3rd Strike yesterday. Anyone know why this thing only works during certain temperatures? Frustrating :mad:

Torque

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do the single cab's have a window lock switch on the driver's door?

Reason I ask is I accidently left the window down on the driver's door during a big rainstorm (the door pockets were half full of water) and now the window lock switch acts flaky. My wife couldn't roll down the passenger window a few times so I thought it was that switch, but then I had a bunch of people packed int he truck and noone in the back seat could roll them down either. A couple jabs of the window lock switch and all windows worked fine. I never mess with that switch, so I know it's the cause because a few weeks later all the windows will quit working again till I cycle that lock switch a few times. Probably all rusty or corroded.

AF_Hemi

Reaction score
Central Jersey in person, the burgh at heart
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 CC 4x4 Sport
Engine
mine does it too. has nothing to do with the window lock button. not sure what the issue is. i always forget about it until my passenger wants to put down the window

OP
OP
02Steve15

02Steve15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i just went outside to mess with it and when i first tried it, the window didn't go down. so i played with the wires and tried to puch them into the connector more and it worked. i previously used the di-electric grease about 3 times on both the driver's and passenger's side so the ports have grease all in them. the thing works only when it wants to and im sure it wont work the next time i happen to check. i just dont get it.

milehighguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
my dad has a 2004 2500 diesel, same thing with the passenger window, and my 2004 hemi is starting to do it too.... havent had time to mess with it, but if anyone has any more insight that would be nice!

reefguy89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
any updates? did the new switch solve the problem?