Wiper motor wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eparayno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
Hey guys, need some assistance. The wipers on my 07 don't park so I go to check out the motor and surprise - the harnesses are cut from the motor and also the wires going into the cab. A lot of wiring has been cut and twisted back together on this truck!

On the motor there are 5 wires - green, black, blue, yellow and orange. Only the black, green and blue ones are connected to 3 of the 4 wires leading into the cab. Does anyone have a picture of their wiper motor wiring harness connected? I am going to wire everything up and see if the wipers park. Wipers work though surprisingly. I was going to get a new 4 pin wiper motor but I would still need to hard wire that one in. The cab wiring has 2 thin wires and 2 thick ones.

OP
OP
E

eparayno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7 V6
After looking at a lot of pictures, I believe this is the wrong wiper motor for my 2007 model. One obvious sign is the 5 wires on the motor and the 4 going to the switch. This truck was in an accident where the windshield was smashed and Im guessing the wipers/motor etc were destroyed as well and whoever did the repairs put in a wiper that fit, cut both connectors off since they would not plug in, and hard wired a few wires just to get the wipers to somewhat work.

I will be going to the junk yard or find someone parting out a 3rd gen and cutting off and soldering a connector for the switch wires and getting a correct 4 pin motor.

Edit/Delete Message

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn