In-Dash Inverter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First, before everyone starts down the path of telling me I don't want to add the factory inverter because it has only 150 watts, please don't. Just live with the fact that some people are willing to live with it. With that being said, I noticed when upgrading my radio to the 8.4an that there was a plug in the lower right area behind the dash bezel that was determined to be the inverter(?). I found the inverter plug online and it installed easily. Now that it's in, I can't figure how to make it work. It looks like there is a light on the front of the plug but it never lights up. Thinking perhaps it was a fuse, I found a fuse under the hood that was labeled "Inverter if equipped" and there was already a 30 amp fuse there that was good. Scratching my head now because it seems everything is in place but perhaps I missed something. From other threads it seems what I did should have worked. Looking for ideas and suggestions on how to track this issue down.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Did you buy and install a inverter? I ask because you worded like you think its already part of the truck, it isn't if it was not equipped with a factory unit it will have the wiring but not the inverter or dash plate or receptacle from what ive read.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdomke1

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed the inverter outlet into the dash and plugged it into the plug in the dash that is supposed to be for the inverter.

Booms

The OG
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Express
Engine
Whipple 5.7 • SmoothBoost!
Your missing a very important element is Your quest....the inverter itself.... :Big Laugh:

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Is there a parts list or how-to for this? I am interested once you get this working.

OP
OP
jdomke1

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Me too... I've not read anywhere what else is needed. Where does the actual inverter go and what is the part number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
IIRC form previous threads I have read the inverter is beneath the front passenger seat.

OP
OP
jdomke1

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After searching around and with your suggestion about the inverter being under the front passenger seat, I located the part# 05026486AA. That is just the inverter and not the bracket and cable to mount it. I found one on eBay that was complete for $39. I'll give it a try and hope that completes the project. Thanks.

RodRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
yes if you want a inverter set up, buying a inverter is a good start! :) sorry just messing with you. good luck with the mod

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
seems like this "how to" is peiced together over a couple of threads. Some one needs to do a complete start to finnish how to on this with part numbers and pictures.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
your also going to need the on/off switch and a flash in order to make it work, if its even possible. i dont think anybody has actually added the OEM inverter to a truck that didnt originally have one and have it work.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
^^ sure they have. theres a guys thread just down from this one that did it.. From what I have gathered reading a few of the threads is this - you need:

Inverter
Wire harness for inverter.
the panel with the 110v button
besel with the plug
plug
plug wire harness
and the sales codes flashed.

OP
OP
jdomke1

jdomke1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Need to see photos or something about where the inverter harness plugs in under the passenger seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk