09 1500 SLT Blend Door Actuator? NO AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bojango

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, first post here. Hopefully posting in the right spot. I bought an 09 1500 SLT over the winter. First dodge, and loving it so far. A couple weeks ago, my AC stopped working, and its only blowing air out by the foot area. I replaced the blend door actuator, and it was working again.......until I turned the truck off. Sometimes it works for a couple days, sometimes only one trip. I can "fix" it by unplugging the harness that goes into the instrument panel, and plugging it right back in. I also noticed that the heat doesn't seem to be working either, even when the AC does work. Anyone ever experience this? I saw many people have problems with the blend door actuator, and thought for sure I had fixed it, now I pop off the whole instrument panel pretty much every time I get in the truck so I can unplug the harness and plug it back in.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup! Sounds like the blend door motor, they have a habit of stripping the gears.

2009 and 10s had a K-17 safety recall for this issue.

The one you describe is the "foot actuator" which is right behind the center stack and below the radio. If you want to do it yourself, it is not difficult to do. You will have to take the radio bezel off and remove the cup holder tray, plus a few other items. Once removed you will see two actuators, the one closet to the floor is your culprit

Check out Youtube for dash removals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqOWCK_4IKg

This video shows him removing the upper motor, but I believe your problem will be with the lower motor.

I would recommend you buy a motor from your dealer as they have upgraded the plastic in these gears and are much stronger. Others have used motors from parts stores and have had varying degrees of success with the motors.