09 4.7L breking valve springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bhaddawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been lurking around reading these sites for quite some time now and I have picked up and used a lot of good information on here. With that being said, I do have a question for everyone.

A few months ago I had a valve spring break on my 2009 Ram 1500 4.7L and had to put it in the shop. We chased it for a couple days because all the codes we got pointed to a bad coil pack or maybe an intake leak. After we found it by the process of elimination I had the Dodge mechanic go in and replace the valve springs at cylinder 5 with mopar springs. I did not replace them all because I was planning to get another truck this January and I could then take the heads off and have new seats, valves, springs, etc. done and I would not have to worry with them anymore. The truck did this at 198,000 miles, the mechanic tested the compression on all cylinders and all was almost like new. mechanic told me it should be good for another 200,000.

Well at 208,000 miles, it has decided to break another valve spring, or that is exactly what it feels like. I plan to repair it again, but would like to know what type of springs to put back in it. Obviously the Mopar 4.7 is not the best spring to go back with. I can get the springs replaced in a few hours so I am not going to have the heads re-worked until I get my second vehicle.

My question is, what kind of springs would you go back with? have any of you had this experience with the 4.7L ?