20% off,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
anyone know if this is 20% msrp from chysler corp or is the dealer giving the 20% off? tks all

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Usually big horns and up are in that deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I'm on my phone and it's possible I couldn't find the information on the RAM mobile site. Is it safe to assume the 20% off would include any, and all, rebates someone might qualify for? And does it only apply to Crew Cab models? I'm interested in a quad cab.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
here is the fine print for the current offer, and it does say Now get more than 20% off total values 2016 Big Horn Crew Cab

Offer only available on trucks with Big Horn Package. Offer limited to 10% of eligible vehicles in dealer inventory. Average Dealer Discount is based on a national sales survey of average variance between MSRP and negotiated vehicle price offered by select Ram dealers nationwide before other advertised incentives are applied. Discount may vary based on option package and features, financing terms, availability and other factors; dealer determines vehicle price. When financed through Chrysler Capital. Not all buyers will qualify. See dealer for details. Must take retail delivery by 11/30/2016.

Sandbox

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I'm on my phone and it's possible I couldn't find the information on the RAM mobile site. Is it safe to assume the 20% off would include any, and all, rebates someone might qualify for? And does it only apply to Crew Cab models? I'm interested in a quad cab.

Yes, but, rarely if ever does one qualify for ever discount/rebate.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
if it works like last months 20% off - then that is the only rebate you get. It doesn't work with any other rebates.

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks everyone. Might hit up my dealer to see if there's some hidden rule that would extend that offer to quad cabs. If I get any information I'll post it up.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks everyone. Might hit up my dealer to see if there's some hidden rule that would extend that offer to quad cabs. If I get any information I'll post it up.

pssssssssssssssssst........the 20% off deals can be had on every ram truck, whether its an advertised deal or not.

The ad you are seeing is jsut to get you in the door. If you search this forum, most people are getting around 20% off or more on their trucks. Doesnt matter the trim level. Dont let their commercials or "deals" fool you. I got just a hair over 19% off my $53k ram sport crew cab and got them to give me $500 more than my trade in was worth in kbb excellent condition. Plus i was able to get the $450 trailer hitch ( some how not on the truck out of the factory ) tossed in to seal the deal. In the end, it was about 22% off sticker. I had to fight to get it and i made sure that i inked the deal on the 2nd to last day of the month. You have to know how to play the game......and being happy with their current ads or advertised deals isnt playing the game correctly.

Dont go in there asking and hoping, go in there telling them you will buy if they do _____________( fill in the blank with what you want out of the deal ). Start high and negotiate down.

Last edited:

Jaxyaks

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Thats usually about the discount you can get anyway with a bit of haggling on Rams

OP
OP
H

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
pssssssssssssssssst........the 20% off deals can be had on every ram truck, whether its an advertised deal or not.

The ad you are seeing is jsut to get you in the door. If you search this forum, most people are getting around 20% off or more on their trucks. Doesnt matter the trim level. Dont let their commercials or "deals" fool you. I got just a hair over 19% off my $53k ram sport crew cab and got them to give me $500 more than my trade in was worth in kbb excellent condition. Plus i was able to get the $450 trailer hitch ( some how not on the truck out of the factory ) tossed in to seal the deal. In the end, it was about 22% off sticker. I had to fight to get it and i made sure that i inked the deal on the 2nd to last day of the month. You have to know how to play the game......and being happy with their current ads or advertised deals isnt playing the game correctly.

Dont go in there asking and hoping, go in there telling them you will buy if they do _____________( fill in the blank with what you want out of the deal ). Start high and negotiate down.

what dealer? pm if you like. tks

hemipower95 2.0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I could have got a good deal knowing how much a 4x4 express costs, but I went in blind with Ram trims,and just went straight to a sport. Lesson learned.

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what dealer? pm if you like. tks

any dealer, all over the country. there are tons of threads on this topic here and on Other sites. 20% off during the year is considered by most the average discount one can expect to get off the sticker of their truck. Of course, some will do better and some will do worse, depending on location, time of year, amount of vehicles left on the lot and so on. To be honest, if you are looking at 2016's.......you should be able to do better than 20% off, since the 2017's will be hitting the lots soon. You just need to know how to negotiate i guess.

Kapt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3L
Here's how it works. FCA sends out VIN's and tells the dealerships to sell those vehicles for a certain price. The 20% is VIN specific. That's why different dealerships have different vehicles on sale than other dealerships

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Here's how it works. FCA sends out VIN's and tells the dealerships to sell those vehicles for a certain price. The 20% is VIN specific. That's why different dealerships have different vehicles on sale than other dealerships

I have an old friend that works for a chevy dealership he told me almost the same thing, so you are 100% correct, to an extent. The manufacturer will pump out a **** load of identically built vehicles from the factory, the only differences will be the color of the paint. Then they tell the dealerships that this particular model is being heavily discounted and to push the hell out of them. The manufacturer saves money on production costs by mass producing the same vehicle and options over and over again. These are the trucks that are easiest to get those very well discounted advertised prices.

However, any truck on the lot, for the most part can be had for the same or better discounts. Obviously some buyer are savy enough to keep negotiating till they get the deal they want or you have those buyers who believe what the salesman or sales manger tells them and they dont get quite as good of a deal.

As i always say, it all depends on the location of the buyer, dealer and the local economics too, but again, most can get the 20% off without too much effort on any model ram on the lot.

Remeber this OP......the higher the price, the more room there is to negotiate the price lower.

Last edited:

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
So heres the deal guys. My buddy works for corporate down in Dallas. The deal Ram is/was running is 20% off the oldest 15% 2016 1500 inventory at each dealer. Its completely hit or miss on which trucks qualify. Its also my understanding that the deal was supposed to be done at end of October. I was lucky enough to find one with everything I wanted plus qualified for my buddies discount. I bought a brand new ram 1500 bighorn. Upgrades included the customer preferred package, 5.7 hemi, 8 spd, trailer brake, anti-spin dif., rubber mats, heated seats and wheel group which icludes dual climate control, and larger gas tank.

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So heres the deal guys.
Care if I ask, what was the final figure for the truck? I bought a similar truck minus heated wheel and dual climate control I think.

Oh, and congrats on the new rig!

adubree86

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Care if I ask, what was the final figure for the truck? I bought a similar truck minus heated wheel and dual climate control I think.

Oh, and congrats on the new rig!

MSRP - $47,610.00
Purchase Price including line-x - $34,080.00
Take out the linex - $33,651.00

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
MSRP - $47,610.00
Purchase Price including line-x - $34,080.00
Take out the linex - $33,651.00

Yep, you did better than me. I bought first of August though. Wish I had the dual climate control too. I still feel okay with my deal though.

MSRP $47,395
Final price $34,986

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
anyone know if this is 20% msrp from chysler corp or is the dealer giving the 20% off? tks all

This is the deal I got. When all was said and done with taxes and what not I was 25% below window sticker. Inventory at the dealer in PA that I bought from had 3 in stock. 2 Big Horn Crew Cabs and the Sport Quad Cab that I bought. They were the oldest inventory which is why they were discounted. If you are willing to sacrifice on some things as far as color and other options you can score a good deal. I really wanted a black or gray crew cab but settled for the blue quad sport because the deal was too good.