20% off,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the deal I got. When all was said and done with taxes and what not I was 25% below window sticker. Inventory at the dealer in PA that I bought from had 3 in stock. 2 Big Horn Crew Cabs and the Sport Quad Cab that I bought. They were the oldest inventory which is why they were discounted. If you are willing to sacrifice on some things as far as color and other options you can score a good deal. I really wanted a black or gray crew cab but settled for the blue quad sport because the deal was too good.

I guess if I do the math...
1 - (34,986 / 47,395) = 26.18% off MSRP
And that was all without stepping foot on a lot or speaking to someone on the phone. All negotiation done by e-mail and was very smooth. I've found that's the way to go if possible... get a firm number by e-mail you are comfortable with before walking on the lot. I get a lot less pissed off that way :happy107:

BLYGOAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just went to find the truck with the biggest discount on the lot. Went to three dealerships before I found a 2016 Lone Star 4x4 listing at 47,600. They had 14,500 off written in the window. I simply asked them to work on the best price and give me a call. I left the lot. Got a call not five minutes later offering me the truck for 31,200. I had them add leather in and got it for 32,400. I have since added a spray in liner. Very happy so far.
I did ask how they determined which truck to put the big discount on. I was told it was based on the truck that had been on the lot the longest that met the criteria from the factory--- in this case the Lone Star edition.
Anyway, that is my 2 cents.
They are now offering the big discount on Limited versions.
BLYGOAT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I just went to find the truck with the biggest discount on the lot. Went to three dealerships before I found a 2016 Lone Star 4x4 listing at 47,600. They had 14,500 off written in the window. I simply asked them to work on the best price and give me a call. I left the lot. Got a call not five minutes later offering me the truck for 31,200. I had them add leather in and got it for 32,400. I have since added a spray in liner. Very happy so far.
I did ask how they determined which truck to put the big discount on. I was told it was based on the truck that had been on the lot the longest that met the criteria from the factory--- in this case the Lone Star edition.
Anyway, that is my 2 cents.
They are now offering the big discount on Limited versions.
BLYGOAT

Now that's a good deal. I was feeling good about mine but thanks for $hitting on that. :waytogo:

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
So heres the deal guys. My buddy works for corporate down in Dallas. The deal Ram is/was running is 20% off the oldest 15% 2016 1500 inventory at each dealer. Its completely hit or miss on which trucks qualify. Its also my understanding that the deal was supposed to be done at end of October. I was lucky enough to find one with everything I wanted plus qualified for my buddies discount. I bought a brand new ram 1500 bighorn. Upgrades included the customer preferred package, 5.7 hemi, 8 spd, trailer brake, anti-spin dif., rubber mats, heated seats and wheel group which icludes dual climate control, and larger gas tank.
Thank you for this information. If it'***** or miss on what vehicle it will apply to, is there any chance a Laramie could wind up included in this discount?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

pcschwenke

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought 3500 Laramie yesterday for 24% off MSRP. Our dealer couldn't match it, so I drove 400 miles to get it!

Bfazona

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When are you getting the best deals? Does it happen as soon as the new model year drops or wait until the previous new models have been on the lot for months?

kltk1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Based on the research I'm doing now, you can really get a deal at any time. The dealers and manufacturers often have promotions around holidays, but, it's not entirely necessary to wait if you're willing to be bold and hold firm on what you're willing to pay. Essentially, get up from the table from every offer and tell them you're going to think about it. If they're serious about making a deal they'll either try to offer more before you leave, follow you out the door or call you in a couple of days to see if you're still interested. The only exception to that approach is if there's a targeted rebate that expires (i.e. $1000 for v6 engines), then you may lose out on the rebate. I just found out over the weekend getting 20% off MSRP, including any rebates, is doable. I had an offer that came to 24% but then they wouldn't match what I was getting on my trade somewhere else.

One last tip. NEVER discuss trade until you have a firm price on the vehicle you're interested in. Trades allow them to play with the numbers. When asked if you have a trade at the beginning of negotiations, which they'll all do, the answer should be a flat "no". Then when they hit the numbers you're willing to pay, ask what they'd give you for your vehicle. Know your numbers on the trade before going in. KBB and NADA guides websites are your friends here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited: