2009 Ram multiple issues question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
First of all Im new to posting on this forum but Ive been lurking around for some time... secondly forgive for my bad grammar, english is not my native lenguage... recently Ive acquired a 2009 ram 2500 laramie crew cab in relative new condition ( about 1800 miles on the clock) as part of a collateral on some bad buisness... however it has some small issues that I want to fix since Im thinking on keeping it since Ive been using it for this past weeks and I really like it, its better than my f150, if you guys can help me in any way I would appreciate it.

1. Dual zone A/C is acting weird... for example it has the recirculation bled door actuator problem and I know that I will have to take the entire dash apart but theres anothe issue, when I start the truck it takes a while for the fan speed knob to work... it starts at the lowest speed and no matter what speed you select it wont go faster for at least 5 to 10 min then it works normal... what could it be since the ac controls are a single module?

2. it was equipped with remote start but it seems to be missing the hood pin and wire harness cause I cant find it for the life of me and when I want to use it evic displays remote start aborted hood ajar... if some one has a picture of it or were its supposed to be would be great if not, would it be possible to use a 2010 hood latch sensor and adapt the harnes?

3. dumb question probably it comes with dual headlights Im planning on swapping them for the 13+ projector headlight and Im aware of retroshop harness but every swapp Ive seen are from quads to projector my question is if the headlight harness is the same for the duals and quads or should I buy another one for quads or does the retroshop one works for quads and duals alike?

Drdan524

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
On issue 2, if you look at your hood latch, you will see the connector. You have to replace the whole hood latch.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On issue 2, if you look at your hood latch, you will see the connector. You have to replace the whole hood latch.

yes I am aware of that design however I read somewhere that 2009 had a striker pin instead of the hood latch design thats why I asked if the hood latch design of the 2010+ could be retrofitted to a 2009... could it be the same wire harness conectors? also if some one had a pic of the wire harness itself runing through the front end would be of great help to look for mine... and dont want to be annoying but if someone has a clue at least with the A/C issue I would owe him a beer cause its 92+ degrees at the shadow right now

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On issue 1, try replacing the blower motor resistor/module. When they go bad they can make the fan speed do all kinds of weird things.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
2. it was equipped with remote start but it seems to be missing the hood pin and wire harness cause I cant find it for the life of me and when I want to use it evic displays remote start aborted hood ajar... if some one has a picture of it or were its supposed to be would be great if not, would it be possible to use a 2010 hood latch sensor and adapt the harnes?

I have a 2009 with remote start. I will photograph this part tonight for you.

091500laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Somebody HELP! I'm new here so forgive me in advance for any screwups. I have a 2009 dodge ram 5.7 1500 laramie that has a mutiple misfire code. I have American racing long tube headers, high flow cat and y-pipe, 87mm throttle body, k&n intake, with diablosport trinity 93 tune mds delete. I also have non mds lifters. Being that I have 163k miles I changed my head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets and lifters non mds, changed coil packs (duralast) and spark plugs (laser platnium)Cleaned everything up and put engine back together. Now I have a random misfire. Engine had slight rattle during acceleration and small head gasket leak. That was my reason for the repairs but now this misfire is driving me crazy. It's still rattling like crazy and has lost some power.

OP
OP
C

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On issue 1, try replacing the blower motor resistor/module. When they go bad they can make the fan speed do all kinds of weird things.

Do you mean this thing in the photos? looks brand new... not even rust or dirt in it do yout think it could fail without looking damaged?
20160427_201214_zpsygzml2s0.jpg

20160427_201220_zpssxgshq7e.jpg

Somebody HELP! I'm new here so forgive me in advance for any screwups. I have a 2009 dodge ram 5.7 1500 laramie that has a mutiple misfire code. I have American racing long tube headers, high flow cat and y-pipe, 87mm throttle body, k&n intake, with diablosport trinity 93 tune mds delete. I also have non mds lifters. Being that I have 163k miles I changed my head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, intake gaskets and lifters non mds, changed coil packs (duralast) and spark plugs (laser platnium)Cleaned everything up and put engine back together. Now I have a random misfire. Engine had slight rattle during acceleration and small head gasket leak. That was my reason for the repairs but now this misfire is driving me crazy. It's still rattling like crazy and has lost some power.

Im not an expert on this engine but recently I had the same issue with a volvo T5 engine... after replacing my head gasket because of a leak, cylinder 3 was missfiring... turns out for some odd reason there was a tiny bit of umm "wetness" on the spark plug... enough to burn the spark plug and taking the coil pack with it but not enought to cause catastrofic failure to the engine might worth a shot to check all of them other than that I have no idea

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you mean this thing in the photos? looks brand new... not even rust or dirt in it do yout think it could fail without looking damaged?
20160427_201214_zpsygzml2s0.jpg

20160427_201220_zpssxgshq7e.jpg

Im not an expert on this engine but recently I had the same issue with a volvo T5 engine... after replacing my head gasket because of a leak, cylinder 3 was missfiring... turns out for some odd reason there was a tiny bit of umm "wetness" on the spark plug... enough to burn the spark plug and taking the coil pack with it but not enought to cause catastrofic failure to the engine might worth a shot to check all of them other than that I have no idea
Yeah I think that's it. Yes they can be bad even if they look fine. My father has a Pathfinder with dual zone climate control and the fan was doing exactly what you're describing. Replaced the blower motor module and it's been fine for over a year now.

OP
OP
C

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah I think that's it. Yes they can be bad even if they look fine. My father has a Pathfinder with dual zone climate control and the fan was doing exactly what you're describing. Replaced the blower motor module and it's been fine for over a year now.

Sorry for my late response but its been cray weekend to try and fix it however I dont think its the blower motor resistor... while trying to bypass my pin switch for the remote start, thought it was best to disconect my battery... just in case I pulled a self-barbecue-style-grounding-movement... it took me like an hour to bypass the switch when I reconnected the battery to test the remote start system the hvac started working properly... every speed was available from the very first moment after starting the truck but afetr 3 cycles of on and off, the "issue" started all over again wich lead me to believe that its some sort of failsafe mode maybe? or maybe my hvac control module needs a reflash?? any way just in case some lost soul with a 2009 sees this thread and wonders how to bypass the remote start switch it took a 1k 2watt resistor with its prongs inside the male plug and that was it... and before someone flames me for it its just a temporary solution I allready ordered another switch and male plug from mopar but it takes another week to arrive

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the same issue with my blower motor as you. As well as the passenger blend door. Just out of curiosity, did you have to take the whole dash off for the blower motor removal/replacement?

OP
OP
C

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I got the same issue with my blower motor as you. As well as the passenger blend door. Just out of curiosity, did you have to take the whole dash off for the blower motor removal/replacement?

for the resistor on the picture? no its just the lower glove box and its facing the floor however I havent tried to take the hole blower motor... like I said if I disconnect the battery for half an hour and let the computer to reset its starts working fine so it is either a problem with the software or theres another issue... now that you mention your passenger blend door just like mine Im thinking it could be a failsafe mode... maybe with the bleend doors not working properly... have you tried disconnecting the battery yourself?

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
for the resistor on the picture? no its just the lower glove box and its facing the floor however I havent tried to take the hole blower motor... like I said if I disconnect the battery for half an hour and let the computer to reset its starts working fine so it is either a problem with the software or theres another issue... now that you mention your passenger blend door just like mine Im thinking it could be a failsafe mode... maybe with the bleend doors not working properly... have you tried disconnecting the battery yourself?

Nah, haven't tried disconnecting the battery yet. I was pretty much going off of what I've read here, and what the dealership told me. I'll have to try that prolly tomorrow. Maybe it will save me some money, or just do the same thing as it's done for you. Have you tried "resetting" the AC Control Unit?

I got this from a member her called "Ramzaq":
"with the truck runnuing,
set the blower to low Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release,
Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release
this should make it calibrate itself, hope it works"

Here's my thread I have going with my problem:
http://www.ramforum.com/f42/heat_drivers_side_only-80259/

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
sorry it took me so long to get you these photos. you may have already found what you were looking for. here is the hood sensor switch on my 09 laramie. it is located just to the right of the latch mechanism in that round hole. on the hood itself there is about a 1" long plastic plunger that pushes on this switch.

Attachments

• 2016-05-05 12.49.27.jpg
    2016-05-05 12.49.27.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 60
  • 2016-05-05 12.49.30.jpg
    2016-05-05 12.49.30.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 67
  • 2016-05-05 12.49.44.jpg
    2016-05-05 12.49.44.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
C

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
sorry it took me so long to get you these photos. you may have already found what you were looking for. here is the hood sensor switch on my 09 laramie. it is located just to the right of the latch mechanism in that round hole. on the hood itself there is about a 1" long plastic plunger that pushes on this switch.

I found the harness but not the pin location thank you it seems Im missing the bracket guess Ill have to order or fabric a new one but it does help to see where its supposed to be... it seems they stole that pin and bracket from the truck

Nah, haven't tried disconnecting the battery yet. I was pretty much going off of what I've read here, and what the dealership told me. I'll have to try that prolly tomorrow. Maybe it will save me some money, or just do the same thing as it's done for you. Have you tried "resetting" the AC Control Unit?

I got this from a member her called "Ramzaq":
"with the truck runnuing,
set the blower to low Press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head for 10 seconds and release,
Now press and hold the recirculation button on the HVAC Control Head again until the recirculation LED begins to flash, then release
this should make it calibrate itself, hope it works"

Here's my thread I have going with my problem:
http://www.ramforum.com/f42/heat_drivers_side_only-80259/

I haven´t tried that yet... might be worth to try it... If I found a solution to our problem you´ll be the first one to know... Ive been trying to find someone to scan the truck with a starscan from chrysler cause the only two dealers in my city are owned by the same guy and he´s a crook... srsly... they charge 100 usd just to scan the truck

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
A lot of dealerships here in the US charge that much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Clearjab

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 laramie crew cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
A lot of dealerships here in the US charge that much

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I would probably agree if wages here where like in the US but charging 100-150 just for a 10 min scan when you pay the guy doing it like 6-10 a day if your lucky, seems like a little to much to be honest... another thing I can´t understand is how it is cheaper to buy parts in the us and have them shipped here to Mexico when we have the plant that makes this trucks in the middle of the country srsly ive been there... at any given time they have a parking lot with at least a hundred of them and its still cheaper to buy them at ebay... in my country everyone wants to be a millionaire selling just one item... they dont seem to understand it takes time and effort

jssmith76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I found a solution to our problem you´ll be the first one to know...

Found the solution... Just had it fixed on my rig... It was just the passenger blend door motor. Nothing wrong with the blower motor. I got some pics in my thread as well.

morspeed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On question number 3 I did that swap on my '10. But I had quads. I think the harness will still work though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956