2011 2500 Power Wagon Trans Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CarolinaMV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi all , im new here. I bought a used 2011 Power Wagon. Its a very nice truck but the owner before me I don't think took care of it at all. The dealer has to put in a new tie rod and bushings and I had to put in two new steering shafts. Then I had to replace the park brake shoes rear axle seal and rear brake shows because of a leaking rear axle seal.

Id hate to think its a money pit but I want to go trough the truck and do it right so it last a very long time. I have just replaced the oil in the diffs.

Now my next question , it has 85k miles. What should I do about the transmission oil and transfer case oil? I bet you its never been changed. Should I drain and replace the filter , flush, etc?

Id like to do all of this in the next few weeks along with my engine air filter, fuel filter, and oil change. I might have a shop do the trans and T case.

Thank you all!

whatroads

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7 w/ 3.92
If it were my truck I would. Especially with your comments about previous owner abuse. Again, if it were myself, I would take the truck to a reputable transmission shop for the tranny flush and inspection. While they were at it I would have the transfer case oil changed as well

OP
OP
C

CarolinaMV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I should flush it instead of drain and change filter and refill ? I was worried something might come loose and cause more problems.

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i would do a pan drop. change the filters and re-fill. ive never been a fan of flushing transmissions. change the fluid in the t-case as well. both are easy enough to do yourself.

OP
OP
C

CarolinaMV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds easy enough , is there a certain brand of oil that's better for the truck? And what intervals are they due for a change? I haven't watched the DVD owners manual..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2023RamWarlock