2011 Ram Air conditioning Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ram2011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The AC in my 2011 Dodge Ram Hemi suddenly stopped working. The compressor engages but the AC blows warm. The high and low static pressure is 75 psi with the compressor off. There is no change in pressures when I engage the compressor (I can see the compressor clutch engage). The compressor sounds fine/normal. Is the compressor shot or could it be the expansion valve or some other issue? I’ve searched the forum but haven’t found anything for the 4th generation trucks.
Thanks in advance
Joe

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
If neither the high or low pressure change when the compressor engages, good probability it is shot. Automotive AC systems usually use a restrictor tube as a metering device, even with an expansion valve stuck fully open would cause a pressure drop when the compressor runs.

OP
OP
R

Ram2011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for the reply, it does seem like the compressor is shot.
This weekend I turned on the AC hoping maybe it fixed itself. When I turned it on a noticed a faint shooshing sound from the heater box behind the dash. Could that be a clue?