2012 1500 sport wont start... throwing up lights and service 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MB1500SPRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've got a 2012 Ram 1500 Sport and it will not start... I had the same problem last winter right around the same time. the truck will got to the on position and that's as far as it gets. it will throw up all my sensor lights, battery light, and the display reads service 4wd. last time the dealer said this was the vehicle going into anti theft mode and to change me key fob's. ive tried both sets and no difference. to get the vehicle into neutral I have to use the override in the center console. any with experience have any knowledge of this problem, or know of a way to reset the truck? I park in a heated garage majority of the time during winter, but parked outside lastnight... any chance moisture on a sensor would have been the cause of this? my dealer wont tell me F%*k all besides to have it towed in.

any help is really appreciated

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Couldn't tell you. If it's under warranty though I'd have it towed in and tell them to bring me a loaner. I've heard of some odd things going on in the extreme cold though. Electronics never have liked the cold weather and they just keep cramming more and more of them into vehicles today. Keep us posted and good luck!

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's keyless go try pushing the start button with the fob

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your truck is getting even with you for leaving it out in the cold. I'm sure of it. :D

noclass

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get I fixed?