2012 2WD Express Front Lower Ball Joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meekram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey guys, I'm new to this site, and I've got a 2012 Express that I'm throwing air suspension on. I'm not looking to lay the frame, just lower it a bit and make it ride better and have adjustability.

So I'm kinda stuck. I'm trying to get the lower ball joint loose and it just won't budge. The upper ball joint almost fell out, but the bottom one is in there. I've tried hitting the spindle with a hammer but it's not doing anything. The spindle is aluminum and the a arms are steel if that makes any difference.

Anyone have any info?

Attachments

• photo(11).jpg
    photo(11).jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
The bolt that protrudes from the ball joint through the upright/steering knuckle should be steel. My suggestion which I am pretty sure is safe would be to try, and use a rubber mallet, or something that won't damage the bolt itself, and hit it harder. Good luck lol.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Ooh, good call lol. Also, I couldn't quite tell from the picture, but your wheel is fully suspended right?

usmc1217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
you need a ball joint press to get the old ball joints out and put the new ones in, also if you use a MAP as torch, heat up the ring that the ball joint sits in, it will pop right out with the press..