2013 ram 1500 mirror swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mattram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
HI I'm new to this forum anyways I bought tow Mirrors off a 2012 ram and put them on my 2013 now I have to rewire the ambient sensor somewhere else so my tranny won't shift cold has anyone done this or found a solution if so can you please share your thoughts or possibly a wiring diagram of where to reinstall thank you.

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
2013 was the changeover year when they had to relocate the sensor due the grill shutters. I wouldn't advise cutting a splicing sensor wire.

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What he said.....not a good idea

dunney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just replaced my mirror on my 2011. I know it's not the same, but figured I'd throw my two cents in.

Mine has two separate wire harnesses. Does your have the same? Maybe unplug each one and see what it gives you for results. Just a thought.

Otherwise, you could go hardcore with a wiring diagram. However, like others have pointed out, it may cause you even more problems trying to reinvent the wheel.

If you're afraid of more complications, you're best bet is, unfortunately, buy the correct mirrors for your application. :(