2013 Recall for Body Control Module?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was looking for information on the 2 year Maintenance package and went to Mopar Owner Connect and found a recall notice for my truck. I haven't gotten anything in the mail and I couldn't find anything here about it.

What the hell is a Body Control Module? and why does it need to be reprogramed? :insane:

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
From my understanding, the BCM is what controls the functions of the cabin.
Lights, stereo, air con etc. Basically everything OTHER than the drivetrain.

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From my understanding, the BCM is what controls the functions of the cabin.
Lights, stereo, air con etc. Basically everything OTHER than the drivetrain.

Is this the Radio update that screws up about half the radio's that its installed on?

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
NO! A BCM isn't an update and that wouldn't be a recall. It's a computer.

I just checked mine and it says "no recalls" ****** better not! lol

It also says it has zero miles and needs maintenance in zero miles! lol Probably because it has yet to exist!

Last edited:

CAP LOCK KID

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport QC 4x4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Took my truck in for an oil change and got the RRT 13-023 (outside temp) flash done finally.
They also did RECALL N35 - BCM UPDATE (noted as a separate line item)
Not exactly sure what this was for.

20hemi10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
This is for trucks with the premium headlights ONLY. This is what the flash update is for.

The Body Control Module (BCM) on about 17,200 of the above vehicles may not give the double-flash cluster notification of a turn signal malfunction. As a result, these vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108. – Lamps, Reflective Devices and Associated Equipment. Loss of turn signal function, without warning to the vehicle operator, could result in a crash.

OP
OP
Designflaw

Designflaw

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 CC Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is for trucks with the premium headlights ONLY. This is what the flash update is for.

The Body Control Module (BCM) on about 17,200 of the above vehicles may not give the double-flash cluster notification of a turn signal malfunction. As a result, these vehicles fail to conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) No. 108. – Lamps, Reflective Devices and Associated Equipment. Loss of turn signal function, without warning to the vehicle operator, could result in a crash.

Thanks - that answers it for me - I see you have the retro lows and fogs - If you don't mind drop me a PM tell me how you like them and if the Highs need to be done etc... Thanks for the time

20hemi10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Both my exterior mirror puddle lamps are in inoperative after having the N35 recall done. Don't know if it was a coincidence or not after the flash. I've contacted Chrysler and am waiting for them to respond back.

rham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
BCM replaced at 600 miles

just bought my first new truck a 2013 ram longhorn 2500, noticed a tail light out, back to dealer and 5 days later it has a new bcm, hope this isnt a sign of things to come.

apathic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had this and the ESC recall done on my 2013 4x4 Express yesterday, along with it's first oil change - and I am mad.

Before you only had to insert the key, turn to the right a quarter second and let go, and the computer would start the engine. After this update, however you have to hold the key to the right to engage the starter and hold it until the engine starts.

Sort of a #FirstWorldProblem, I know, but I liked that feature, and I feel like Mopar has taken away something I paid for.

It also re-engages the horn beeping when you lock the doors, which scared me good when I got home ;)

13RamR/T

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread was near the top of my Google search today for "2013 Ram Body Control Module". For the sake of others that have the same issue and search like I do, I'll post.

I bought my 2013 R/T used about a month ago. The 3rd brake light and cargo lights would not work so I scheduled a trip to the dealership. My RA4 radio was being replaced anyways for an unrelated issue (8.4 RA4 Radio Fail) and they went ahead and troubleshooted the issue with the 3rd brake light/cargo light. Tech notes below:
Unrealized 4692251AG: Module: Body Controller pulled code B-16B7-15 center stop lamp control-circuit short to battery or open, performed voltage tests on circuit L51 and verified BCM needs replaced.

So they ordered a new BCM and will get me back in to replace it under warranty. I specifically asked the dealership Service Writer if my ***** radio issue was related to the BCM and he said no. Thinking I should, if possible, buy at least a 1 year extension to the bumper-to-bumper portion of the warranty. I only have 9 months left on it right now and mileage is already at almost 33k.