2014 3500 wiring diagram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Im looking for a wiring diagram for the LED in overhead console that shines down in center console. Mine is not working I checked light found no power to it and all fuses are good. Anyone know where the power is from? All other lights are working but this one.I know its a little issue but it would come in handy when working nights. I bought truck used and it hasnt worked as long as I have owned it 1 month

Thanks
Walter

Rampant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Im looking for a wiring diagram for the LED in overhead console that shines down in center console. Mine is not working I checked light found no power to it and all fuses are good. Anyone know where the power is from? All other lights are working but this one.I know its a little issue but it would come in handy when working nights. I bought truck used and it hasnt worked as long as I have owned it 1 month

Thanks
Walter

Power originates at Fuse 14 in the Power Distribution Center, which pretty much powers all interior lighting.

LAMP-CUPHOLDER-FRONT

Harness Family: Headliner_RT
Cavities: 7
Color: BLACK
Part Description: 7123832830
Engineering Name: OHC_LAMP_LED
Connector No: D2326A
Option: Standard

Pin Circuit Wire Color Gauge/Size Function
A Z905 BK 0.5 GROUND
A Z905 BK 0.5 GROUND
A Z905 BK 0.8 GROUND
A Z905 BK 0.8 GROUND
B M5 WT/LG 0.8 FOOTWELL LAMP FEED FT LT

Interior Lighting - Operation

OPERATION

The lamps of the interior lighting system can be divided into general classifications based upon the circuit that controls their operation: The courtesy lamp circuit, the reading lamps circuit and the panel lamps dimmer circuit. The center bezel lamp is actually controlled by a park lamps output of the Body Control Module (BCM) (also known as the Common Body Controller/CBC), which energizes this circuit at a fixed intensity whenever the exterior lighting is illuminated.

Following are paragraphs that briefly describe the operation of the courtesy lamps, reading lamps and panel lamps dimmer interior lighting circuits. The optional rechargeable flashlight, the cup holder lamp and the automatic transmission gear selector lamp are controlled by an output from the BCM, which energizes these circuits whenever it detects that the engine is running.

The lamps and the hard wired circuits between components related to the interior lighting system may be diagnosed using conventional diagnostic tools and procedures. Refer to the appropriate wiring information. The wiring information includes wiring diagrams, proper wire and connector repair procedures, details of wire harness routing and retention, connector pin-out information and location views for the various wire harness connectors, splices and grounds.

However, conventional diagnostic methods will not prove conclusive in the diagnosis of the interior lighting system or the electronic controls or communication between modules and other devices that provide some features of the interior lighting system. The most reliable, efficient, and accurate means to diagnose the interior lighting system or the electronic controls and communication related to interior lighting system operation requires the use of a diagnostic scan tool. Refer to the appropriate diagnostic information.

Attachments

• OHC Light Diagram.jpg
    OHC Light Diagram.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
OP
OP
W

walter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Well im back to this issue now that work has slowed down.
Before I go to far I wanted to ask is it possible that the cup holder light was programmed to not work Im not sure of the words im looking for. What im asking is could the PO have had the light disabled like when the dealer has to enable a option could it have been disabled?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963