2014 Laramie Used Key FOB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stratman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I bought a used 2014 Ram Laramie with only one of the key style FOBs. I purchased a used and supposedly 2014 FOB advertised on eBay. The FCC number on it matches my original. The local locksmith procured a PIN from Chrysler Corp. and was able to make me a simple “chip” key. He had no problem adding/removing the original and chip keys at will, but was unable to get the truck to accept the eBay FOB. I see references to “unlocking” keys on several key remanufacturing websites. Is there some kind of “unlocking” or “blanking” step that needs to be done to the eBay FOB itself before trying to sync it to the truck? Anyone successfully added a used, non-remanufactured (salvage yard) FOB?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought a used 2014 Ram Laramie with only one of the key style FOBs. I purchased a used and supposedly 2014 FOB advertised on eBay. The FCC number on it matches my original. The local locksmith procured a PIN from Chrysler Corp. and was able to make me a simple “chip” key. He had no problem adding/removing the original and chip keys at will, but was unable to get the truck to accept the eBay FOB. I see references to “unlocking” keys on several key remanufacturing websites. Is there some kind of “unlocking” or “blanking” step that needs to be done to the eBay FOB itself before trying to sync it to the truck? Anyone successfully added a used, non-remanufactured (salvage yard) FOB?

Once a FOB is programmed to a vehicle it can't be reprogrammed to another vehicle.... so used FOB's won't work.

OP
OP
S

stratman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
So what do the various "remanufacturers" do to make them work? There are several.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what do the various "remanufacturers" do to make them work? There are several.

The older FOB's could be reprogrammed, but the new style ones can't be even by the dealership.... so if someone is selling a "remanufactured" FOB for your truck I would stay away from them.