2 issues with my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bighorn2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 Ram 1500 Bighorn QC with 40,000 miles. I am having two different issues that I am having trouble searching for answers. Hopefully you guys can help.

1. I hear a clicking sound that seems to be coming from front drivers side. It sounds like a rock is stuck in the tire because if I am going slow, the clicking is slow and if I speed up so does the sound. Can't hear it from inside the cab but when I have the window down I hear it. I searched but can't find anything within my year. Seems like it is older model years.

2. The truck feels like it wants to stall out in the first few minutes of driving it. If the truck sits all night and I start it in the morning. I let it idle for a minute maybe then pull out. Within the first 100 yards I make a left turn and it loses power and feels like it is stalling. So I let off the gas and push the gas again and it's ok. It feels this way for maybe the first 5 minutes of driving. Once heated up it is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
For issue one pop the center cap off that wheel, likely just has a rock floating around in it.

2: what weight oil are you using and do you get any codes or cel? If it's noticeable the cel should be on and it should have a code that will direct you to the problem(usually)

OP
OP
bighorn2014

bighorn2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
5W20 Oil is what the sticker on windshield says. If I get a chance this weekend I will pop the cap off and check it out. Hopefully that's all it is.

MANual_puller

Shade tree grease monkey
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Moose
Engine
5.7L hemi
5W20 Oil is what the sticker on windshield says. If I get a chance this weekend I will pop the cap off and check it out. Hopefully that's all it is.

5W20 is the right answer if you can assure that's what landed in the pan. Higher viscosity oil can mess with the MDS lifters.