3.7 V6 Smells Like Gas P0300 P0171 Codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

americanthunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hope this is the right section. My son just bought 2009 1500 3.7 V6 from a family friend as his first car. I've known the guy and the truck since new. 132,000mi, meticulously maintained, and ran perfect...until...it sat in my driveway for a few weeks and my son wanted to wash and wax his new truck since hes getting his permit soon. After washing we pulled it inside to throw on some wax and all seemed normal. Upon starting it up to back it out it developed a really rough idle and barely would stay running and then the glorious check engine like came on :flipthebird:. I checked the codes and pulled a P0300 and a P0171 which is a multiple misfire and a #1 bank lean condition I think.

Today I cleaned the MAF (or whatever the sensor is on the intake IAT?) which was dirty and it seems to idle now fine but has no power and wont rev over 2000 RPM and the exhaust smells like raw fuel. I'm at a loss as to where to start. O2 Sensor? Crankshaft Position Sensor? Ideas? I can't be the first person to experience this....I Hope

Thanks for any advice in advance!