4wd auto question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

expresyaself

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, I'm trying to become a happy owner of ram 1500 and i found kinda found it :

Copart

I like the truck but i need it to have a 4wd auto to drive permanently on 2wd and when needed the 4wd is always avaliable. I cant get any info if this particular truck has it. Can anyone help me? I have a vin raport but it doesnt say that. Btw whats the differnce:

4KZ 4x4 TRACKING
5I4 FOUR WHEEL DRIVE (4WD)/(4X4)

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Look to see if it has a four position transfer case or five position. Five will have the four wheel auto function, four wheel auto means the truck decides when to actually engage 4WD

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Look to see if it has a four position transfer case or five position. Five will have the four wheel auto function, four wheel auto means the truck decides when to actually engage 4WD

Exactly right. Good info. If you can see the interior of the truck you should be able to find out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
E

expresyaself

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for reply but i only have a pictures that i gave in link and there I can't see if it is equiped with 4wd auto. Any other suggestions or ways to check that out? I have decoded vin maybe some combination/options can lead to that info? Please reply

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea if they had that interior pic from the driver side we'd be all set. The VIN should tell you what transfer case it is.

OP
OP
E

expresyaself

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There is only about transfer box:

DH5 ELEC SHIFT-ON-THE-FLY P/TIME T/CASE

I know from other cars vins that there is also:

DH8 ELEC SHIFT ON DEMAND TRANSFER CASE

Somone knows if that is it?

kberryhill1989

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Old thread but if I dont have auto 4wd in my truck . Am I able to ad it into my truck by buying the other dash part with auto on it. Is it plug and play or is it a whole diff transfer case?