4wd not working!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justindills

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Help! 2010 TRX4 4" lift and 33" Nitto Terra, never had a problem in snow/mud. Had truck in 4x4 Lock and was going through a field and got stuck. Wasn't terribly muddy, gave it a little gas to get through and rear tires just dug in. Got out to see mud all over the back of the truck and no mud on my front door like there should've been. Got back in the truck, took it out of 4Lock and into neutral, then back into 4 Lock. I heard it engage and the 4Lock on my dash went solid after blinking. Rolled window down and tried to go forward again.. Nothing, I have a 2wd truck. Tried 4LO with the same result. Finally got a buddy to pull me out, got up onto a flat, wet, not as muddy part of the field and put it into 4 Lock again. Heard it engage, no front tire movement what so ever while the rear tires were going 15 mph and I'm not going anywhere. As I let off the gas a horrible rattling clanking noise comes from underneath. Drove home in 2wd without issues and haven't moved it. Help please!

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
doesn't sound good. was the sound right under you or more towards the front? i'd start by taking a sample of the fluid in the transfer case and front diff. has it ever been changed?