4wd shifting trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fender62

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
have '09 ram 1500 and it started to clunk when shifting out of 4wd on the fly.Has anyone had this issue?

Davy120

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Letting of the gas helps too, my truck does the same thing if im going over 40 with the throttle still down, although im supposed to be able to shift up till 60 so idk maybe i need to do some fluid maintenance lol

Sent from my MAN CAVE using Tapatalk 2

ram-head

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm not a fan of this technology. I know it's been around a while, and they've probably figured it out by now, but it just seems like an unnecessary risk. Shifting out of 4wd while moving, I can understand. And that doesn't seem like a risk of tearing anything up. My admittedly limited knowledge of mechanics and such just says if you have gears that are already moving and you try to engage them, it's just going to cause more wear.

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Wish I could just have a shift lever down there, instead of a knob lol. Although a clutch would be nice too... but I guess that just brings me to wanting a manual all the way around lol.

I have not noticed any clunking in mine, but I haven't used it very much.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963