545RFE Noise in reverse only whirring buzzing sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bronco628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am new to driving automatics. I do miss my stick shift. I have researched what people are saying and a couple said it normal. ?

When putting my truck into reverse from any position ( Park, neutral, drive) it sounds like to spline that are not rotating at the same speed and skip. After a second it clicks. No other gear makes this noise.

I checked the dipstick after driving it around a bit and then letting set for 20 minutes. It seemed to be above the full line for the hot side. I cleaned and checked multiple times with the same result.

Last month after I bought the truck and they found a small leak where the shifter goes into the housing. But this is the first time I remember hearing that sound.

Is this normal or should dodge dealer be looking into this. I got 4000 left on my 36000. I know powertrain is longer but I dont want problems later on.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
does not sound normal to me. Def. get it checked before your 3/36 is up

OP
OP
Bronco628

Bronco628

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was told by the dealer that it is a common sound in 2wd models. The 4wd models have more going on down there and it muffles the sound. I have read that in a couple of places on other forums as well.

It just doesnt sound right, but they say it is normal.