Adding keyless entry to 2015 express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cjcollinspm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar.
Hello all,

I've found instructions from fellow forum goers with a 2012 ram 1500 involving simply purchasing a fob and having a technician code using wi-tech. I was wondering if there's any changes from 2012 to my 2015 that'd hinder the same process from working with my truck. I have power locks and would prefer the easiest, "stock" route. Anyone have any info and/or know any Tampa area technicians that'd be willing to hunt this down? See instructions below. Thanks so much.

"You can add keyless entry. Your truck has everything needed except the keyfob and programming.

Take it to dodge and have them do this:
1. add sales code GXM to vehicle options
2. under diagnostics procedures with wi-tech do a restore vehicle reconfigurations
3. the wi-tech will then reset
4. go into WCM under misc functions and hit the reset WIN configuration
5. clear all codes then program new keys."

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Hello all,

I've found instructions from fellow forum goers with a 2012 ram 1500 involving simply purchasing a fob and having a technician code using wi-tech. I was wondering if there's any changes from 2012 to my 2015 that'd hinder the same process from working with my truck. I have power locks and would prefer the easiest, "stock" route. Anyone have any info and/or know any Tampa area technicians that'd be willing to hunt this down? See instructions below. Thanks so much.

"You can add keyless entry. Your truck has everything needed except the keyfob and programming.

Take it to dodge and have them do this:
1. add sales code GXM to vehicle options
2. under diagnostics procedures with wi-tech do a restore vehicle reconfigurations
3. the wi-tech will then reset
4. go into WCM under misc functions and hit the reset WIN configuration
5. clear all codes then program new keys."

they make a 2015 without keyless?

OP
OP
C

Cjcollinspm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 pentastar.
Yep. 1500 express without the popular group crap. I've locked my heckin keys in my truck like 6 times.

magician

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I added keyless to mine but my truck has the 5.7, not sure about your truck. The process is covered on this site pretty extensively but mine was easy and took slightly more than new key fobs. The hood latch and the remote module behind the seat had to be replaced with one linked to the new key fobs. I installed everything but left the module unhooked, drove it to the dealer and had it hooked and the proper codes added. Oh yeah, on a CC the back seat, side pillars, seat belts and seat belt cover panels had to be removed. The headliner can be pulled down enough with all that removed to add the antenna cable. Just giving you the short version of what it took in my case.